A quintessential mummy shaped sleeping bag
“We venture into the wild to get away from it all, surrounded by the rawness of nature. Active days, fresh air, inspiring scenery and long cosy nights. There’s no better feeling than settling into your sleeping bag at the end of a full day in the knowledge that you won’t be waking to another round of commuter hell and email overload.But it’s only good if you’re warm and comfortable, so you need to make sure you’ve chosen the right bag. To help you make that choice, in our quest for the best range of bags on the planet, we’ve taken many of the great features of our Alpine and Traverse sleeping bags and put them into a more affordable package to create the Talus series of sleeping bags.” Tim Macartney-Snape
The Talus series offers some of the best warmth to weight sleeping bags but incorporated into the classic relaxed mummy design are many innovative and comfort enhancing features.The hood is designed to cocoon your head completely in a way that maximises the available loft without making it feel claustrophobic. There is an adjustable collar to help fine tune your temperature control and both its draw cord channel and that of the hood are buried deep within the down so there are no harsh edges to push into your neck or face. There’s a discreet zippered pocket for your MP3 player or valuables, and the main zipper has an anti snag system that really works!The cut of the bag and baffles are engineered so that none of the down is restricted from reaching its maximum loft (and therefore insulation value) – a simple principle to state but a surprisingly complex one to render practical. It involves using differentially cut,3-dimensional side-walls and curved baffles.The Talus series introduces a new Nylon 2D NanoShell outer shell fabric, specially engineered to be very breathable yet still manages to have excellent water resistance. Good breathability is essential in minimising condensation of body moisture on the inside of the shell, a problem that over a number of nights can dampen the down filling enough to compromise its insulation value.The Talus series is our choice as an excellently featured utility bag to take on any activity to anywhere but the most extreme environments. The relaxed mummy shape of the Talus is designed to maximise thermal efficiency and minimise overall weight. It is cut with a larger hood, broader shoulder and large chest to provide a comfortable sleeping bag.
- Relaxed mummy; Nylon 2D NanoShell™; differential cut shell with 3D side walls; offset baffles;60/40 fill ratio; side block baffle; anatomically tapered foot; zip draft tube with anti-snag; neckdraft tube with dual elastic adjustment; cushioned internal hood draw cord with dual adjustment;2 way YKK #5 zips medium sized internal zip pocket; includes lightweight Ultra-Sil® compressionbag and a combined storage cell / laundry bag.
- The women’s Talus also features two combined down and THERMOLITE® baffles under the footarea, to help keep heels and ankles warmer where feet compresses the down.
- Gender: Women's
- Comfort (C): -10
- Lower Limit (C): -18
- Extreme (C): -39
- Season Rating Suggested Use: Spring/Autumn/Winter-light (Trekking/ Hiking, Camping, Snow camping, Ski touring)
- Compressed Volume: 8.9 L
- Zip: Right
- Compression Sack Size: Medium
- Compression Sack Size: 15L to 5L
- Upper Diameter (Cm): Regular 148, Long 152
- Middle Diameter (Cm): Regular 142, Long 146
- Lower Diameter (Cm): Regular 97, Long 101
- Max User Height (Cm): Regular <179, Long <170
- Total Weight: Regular 1170 g, Long 1245 g
- Fill Weight: Regular 650 g, Long 700 g
|Brand||Sea to Summit|
Be the first to review this product!
Help other shoppers by writing reviews for products you have purchased.